How To Pick The Right Plastic Surgeon
Finding the right cosmetic surgeon could take you some time depending on your specific needs and location. You have to really be sure about the cosmetic surgeon you chose because depending on the treatment they could hold your life in their hands so it is important you ask yourself some important questions before committing to any plastic surgeon.
Ask yourself these questions when researching for the right surgeon:
1. Reputation: Reputation on and offline does not lie. If people have been happy you will see it online and if people have been unhappy you can bet you will see that information as well. Search around for a surgeons name to see what you come up with. Do a variety of searches some including the first name, excluding the first or practice name just to see what has made it into the search results.
2. Pushy Sales: If you have visited or spoke with a handful of plastic surgeons already and all of a sudden surgeon is telling you need an additional 5 procedures that none of the others suggested it might raise a red flag that is more sales involved than anything else.Don’t get pushed into something you do not need.
3. Gut Feeling: Trust your gut because most of the time it is not wrong. If you have a bad feeling of any kind surrounding a potential plastic surgeon you have to find someone else to work with because you will be nervous the entire time.
4. Physical Surroundings: How does the natural environment surrounding the practice look? Are there other employees? Do the procedure rooms look professional and clean? This is very important because if it is just one person in an office with not one employee in sight there could be a reason for that loneliness.
5. Credibility: Don’t be scared to ask about a resume. Most plastic surgeons will be more than happy to go over their experience and expertise so you feel comfortable and safe. Most of them will actually have them displayed on the wall in the office so if your surgeon does not have any on the wall that would raise a red flag for me.
Make sure you take the time in order to find the right cosmetic plastic surgeon that will make you feel comfortable and safe at all times. Going through a procedure could be one of the most important things you ever do the process has to be enjoyable for you.
Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Jeffrey Spiegel
With special expertise in all aspects of facial plastic surgery, and a particular skill for revision surgery, it’s clear why Dr. Spiegel is one of the most celebrated facial plastic surgeons in the world. If you are seeking the best possible results, or have a uniquely challenging problem, you’ve found the right doctor. Learn more....
Dr. Onir L. Spiegel
Dr. Onir (pronounced “oh-near”) has years of experience in facial aesthetics and treats some of the most recognizable and famous faces. Dr. Onir started her career in oral health, earning doctorate degrees from both New York University and Boston University. She has been the recipient of numerous awards for her cutting-edge medical research as well as her technical skills in dentistry. Learn more....