Who is a Candidate for Septoplasty?
Candidates for septoplasty often exhibit the following symptoms:
- Chronic Nasal Congestion: Difficulty breathing through one or both nostrils, regardless of environmental factors like allergies or colds.
- Snoring or Sleep Apnea: Noisy or disruptive snoring that affects the individual and their sleeping partner.
- Difficulty Breathing: A persistent sensation of nasal obstruction, particularly when exercising or during physical activity.
- Chronic Sinus Infections: Frequent sinusitis or sinus-related issues due to poor drainage caused by the deviated septum.
- Prior Trauma: Individuals who have experienced nasal injuries, such as a broken nose, which led to a deviated septum.