3 Fun Do-it yourself Summer Facials
Summer Time is almost here and for those of you who don’t always have time for a day at the spa below are some great facials that you can give yourself at home with common household items and foods.
- For tired, puffy eyes: While you’re making your morning tea make sure you hold on to your leftover tea bags for this at home remedy. Did you know that the caffeine in tea bags can actually reduce puffy, tired looking eyes? If you couldn’t sleep last night, had a salty dinner or simply suffer from seasonal allergies; puffy eyes can be quite a nuisance.
- Prepare your tea bags by soaking them in water, squeeze them out and then immediately chilling them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes
- While your teabags are chilling (now this may be cold but it’s worth it) splash your face with cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Once your tea bags are ready, lie down, close your eyes and place the frozen teabags on your (closed) eyes for 5-10 minutes. After the time is up, you should see a significant reduction of puffiness.
- Next apply your Neova eye cream and proceed with your day looking bright eyed and rested!!
- Tired dull looking skin: After winter time, your skin can become quite dry and dull. In order to refresh your look just in time for summer, below is a fantastic and easy way to brighten the look of your skin. Keep in mind that this simple scrub is good for most skin types however you can use different variations based on your skin type.
You will need 2 tbsp white sugar or brown sugar (both work great!) and 3 tbsp warm water.
- If you’re extra dry, you can substitute the warm water for your favorite essential oil, olive oil, coconut oil or walnut oil. If you’re oily, you can substitute the water for your favorite non-oily cleanser or body wash.
- Mix the sugar and water (or oils) creating a nice paste
- Gently rub on your face in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Be gentle! Make sure you’re not scrubbing too hard because the sugar is doing the work for you.
- Then place a warm damp towel to your face after you rinse. You can heat up the towel for a few seconds in the microwave. (Make sure it’s wet before placing it in the microwave!
- Apply your Neova Moisturizer and enjoy your glowing beautiful skin!
- For Irritated or Dry Skin: Below is an amazing mask that will not only sooth sensitive or sun burnt skin but is also incredibly moisturizing for dry skin. This face mask with tighten, shrink pores, refresh and moisturize your skin in minutes!
You will need 2 egg whites (separated from yolk and beaten to a foam) and 2 tablespoons of plain (non flavored) Greek yogurt.
- Mix egg whites and Greek yogurt together to create a thin paste (you can also add a pinch of honey or a dash of essential oils to your mask; get creative!!)
- Apply to face
- Keep on for 5-10 minutes depending on your skin type
- Rinse off with warm waterApply warm towel as described above
Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Jeffrey Spiegel
With special expertise in all aspects of facial plastic surgery, and a particular skill for revision surgery, it’s clear why Dr. Spiegel is one of the most celebrated facial plastic surgeons in the world. If you are seeking the best possible results, or have a uniquely challenging problem, you’ve found the right doctor. Learn more....
Dr. Onir L. Spiegel
Dr. Onir (pronounced “oh-near”) has years of experience in facial aesthetics and treats some of the most recognizable and famous faces. Dr. Onir started her career in oral health, earning doctorate degrees from both New York University and Boston University. She has been the recipient of numerous awards for her cutting-edge medical research as well as her technical skills in dentistry. Learn more....